Level One Events/ Venue Hire & Events Guide
Venue Hire & Events Guide 2021
Thanks for reaching out and requesting information regarding hosting your event with Level One Events. We’ve put together this handy Venue Hire & Events Guide so that you may organize, plan and execute the event in confidence knowing you’ve chosen a special spot. Here’s a list of the type of events we’ve hosted to date:
- Birthdays & Anniversaries
- Wedding and Pop Up Weddings
- Celebrations of Life
- Midwinter Christmas
- Work functions
- Rockabilly Dances
- Reggae Festival
- The Duke Surf Competitions
Exhaustive List? Hardly.
We’re here to assist so please feel free to ask questions, stop in for a tour and chat with our friendly team to discuss all options and possibilities.
Book a venue visit here.
Fill out this quick form to tell us about your event
The Entire Venue
Level One is available to be hired out as a whole when the event calls for exclusivity, large number of attendees and showcasing the importance of your event.
Gatherings of 20-130 people
Utilize our venue’s unique set up and choose from one of the 3 main areas: Lounge, Chef’s Dinning, or Argo Deck. Each area offers various benefits to suit your specific requirements.
Informal Versus Formal Seating Capacity Chart
Informal (mix of standing & seating) Formal (seated)
Canapés/ Platters/ Grazing/Buffet Tables/ Seated/
Entire Venue 200 90 inside
170 including outside
Lounge 100 50
Chef’s Dining Area 50 36
Argo Deck 100 50
Terrace 30 30
Bar 15 15
*numbers are just rough estimates depending on tables and layout required
A little about our space..
Level One‘s atmosphere is presented by its rich décor. Dark green foliage, bar leaners, plush sofa’s and comfy nooks for guests to relax & converse throughout entire venue.
- Private parking for guests located just behind venue with additional parking beyond that
- Toilets: 3 unisex toilets located between terrace and Argo Deck with another two in lounge and bar area, which are styled separately for male and female
- We do not have a lift or escalator unfortunately. Please consider this before booking with us
- Candlelit by night
- Full window frontage with lots of natural sunlight overlooking the beach
- Space for musical act
- Connects to private room (this can be useful for private storage, event gear, presents, guest speaker area)
Chef’s Dining Lounge
- Cabana style window on looking Chef’s quarters
- Beach views including the iconic New Brighton Clock Tower
- Direct access to both bar and terrace areas
- Sunset views from the west like you’ve not seen before
- located next to the main strip of New Brighton, palm trees line the walkway and sunset views in the evening sky
- private mobile bar with choice of full set up including craft beer kegs, cocktail station, wine selections, bottled and non-alcoholic beverages
- space for musical act
- ability to transform area into a seated affair or keep it casual with grazing tables or nibbles
- festoon lighting transform space in the evening
Argo Lounge / NEW: coming this winter 2021
- styled and furnished for groups of 20-40 guests
- includes a fully stocked bar
- choice of platters or grazing station
- choice of playlist
- access to ARGO deck
- umbrellas line the terrace for sunny days
- festoon lights create soft lighting at night
- perfect for social gatherings of 10-30
- a quaint area located just beside the bar it’s the ideal space for mingling. suitable for smaller groups.
- Private mobile bar with choice of full set up including craft beer kegs, cocktail station, wine selections, bottled and non-alcoholic beverages
Frequently Asked Questions
- all catering and bar list prices include gst of 15%
- due to insurance issues, all gifts or promotional materials must be taken home after your event
- provisional bookings will be held for seven days
- children’s menus are available on request; please enquire about our rates and options
- it takes approx. 15 minutes to drive from the CBD to level one
- it takes approx. 1-3 minutes to drive from the closet accommodation. please ask for recommendations, there are amazing Air Bnb options just down the road.
- decorations & styling event: can all be provided by level one. book our services and enjoy us handling all the, setting up and packing down
- all napkins, crockery, cutlery, glassware, service staff are included in your venue hire
- most dietary requirements can be catered for as long as we receive proper notice. we require final dietary requirements 14 days before the event.
- the use of exploding decorations is prohibited. all tiny pieces of confetti like or small plastic decorations that end up
- playlists: use Spotify to create your playlist and share it with us no later than 14 days before your event. we require time to test the link. this is for private venue hire only.
- live music can be hired for your event, talk to your event planner
When food and drink are arranged through Level One and a minimum spend is achieved the venue hire fee can be waived.
Our pricing list is negotiated based on catering and bar spend, number of guests and the chosen date and time of event. The prices below are a general outline of renting a space without any catering or bar provided.
Prices starting at:
Entire Venue: $1500-$3500
Chef’s Dining Area: $300
Argo Deck: $300
Terrace: Complimentary shared space with hire of Chef’s Dining Room
Bar: Complimentary shared space unless venue is privately hired
Deposit: A deposit confirms your event day and time at Level One. The deposit can put toward food & drink spend.
Any questions? Just ask.
We’re here to make this process easy and simple so you can focus on having a great time.